The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER), SAS Nagar Punjab intends to fill the posts of Assistant Professors in below mentioned disciplines on direct recruitment basis..
Pay Level will be 12-A (Academic Pay Level) as per 7th CPC (Pay Range Rs. 1,01,500-1,67,400) plus allowances as admissible to central government employees and some additional allowances for professional development.
Disciplines Category Vacant Posts
Pharmaceutical Analysis UR – 1
Pharmaceutical Technology (Biotechnology) UR – 1
Medicinal Chemistry *EWS – 1
Pharmacology & Toxicology SC – 1
Natural Products OBC – 1
Other category candidates may also apply against the EWS category vacancy. These candidates will be considered for the post as an UR candidate, only if EWS category vacancy is otherwise not filled due to non availability of a suitable candidate belonging to EWS.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
ASSISTANT PROFESSORS: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least 5 years of teaching / research / industrial experience with published work of high quality.
1. PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS: Strong background of chromatography and spectroscopy, including principles and applications of sophisticated hyphenated techniques (LC-MS, ICP-MS, GC-MS, NMR, etc.). Proficiency in analytical (including bioanalytical) method development, method validation and pharmacopoeial analysis is desirable. Industry experienced applicants are expected to have indepth knowledge of principles of quality assurance, quality control, GLP and stability testing. All candidates should be familiar with Indian as well as International regulatory quality guidelines.
2. PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY (BIOTECHNOLOGY): Strong background in biochemical engineering/biotechnology/applied molecular biology/chemical engineering/bioprocess engineering/ fermentation technology / mammalian cell culture / plant cell culture / enzyme technology with a thorough understanding in molecular biology/recombinant DNA technology / high cell density fermentation etc.
Advertisement No. 08/2021, dated 26.06.2021
3. MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY: The candidate should be well versed in all aspects of Medicinal Chemistry including organic synthesis, chemical biology, bioorganic chemistry. Preference will be given to candidates with working experience in drug discovery projects during and after Ph.D. (established in the forms of patents/publications/industrial experience). Experience in design and synthesis of bioactive compounds will be preferred.
4. PHARMACOLOGY & TOXICOLOGY: The candidate should have published research work in high quality well recognized journals in the area of drug metabolism/ immunopharmacology / infectious diseases / receptor pharmacology/ pharmacokinetics with a very good academic record throughout and at least 5 years of teaching / research / industrial experience.
Candidate should have demonstrative leadership in in vitro and in vivo pharmacology and hands on training in the areas of flow cytometry / patch clamp technology / confocal microscopy / transgenic animals.
5. NATURAL PRODUCTS: Post-doctoral research experience in Ayurvedic and allied sciences. Experience in Rasashastra/Dravyaguna/Ayurvedic pharmacy (formulations), pre clinical/clinical evaluation of traditional medicine formulations, AYUSH Pharmaceutical Research, Standardization of herbal drugs/traditional medicine formulations using modern techniques with markers.
A candidate with Ayurveda / traditional medicine experience will be preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms are available at the Institute’s website <www.niper.gov.in>. The candidate(s) who fulfill the eligibility criteria, may submit the application(s) on the prescribed application form along with attested copies of testimonials / degrees/ certificates etc. in support of the averments made in the qualification, experience and other columns in the application form along with latest passport size photograph and prescribed fee, as mentioned below, in the shape of Demand Draft favouring Director, NIPER payable at Mohali/Chandigarh.
i. for post under direct recruitment for Unreserved and OBC category: Rs. 1000/-
ii. for SC/ST/PWD/female candidate: NIL
You May Also Like: