Candidates for DSSSB pharmacist, ESIC pharmacist, Railways Pharmacist, RRB pharmacist exam etc face common questions like How to prepare for government pharmacist exam and best books for pharmacist job exam. So we are giving best books and preparation tips for pharmacist job exam.
The pattern in various pharmacist exams are different. Some exam give equal weightage to pharmacy and non pharmacy parts, some give different. Rajasthan pharmacist exam till now only asked pharmacy questions.
Pharmacist Exam Pattern
ESIC pharmacist, Railways Pharmacist, state pharmacist etc exam pattern is commonly same and paper consist of two parts, technical and non technical.
Questions Ratio is different for different exams.
Like in ESIC technical part is of 100 marks and 100 question while non technical is 25 marks for 25 question.
In DSSSB latest pharmacist exam, ratio was 100 marks for both parts.
In CGHS new pattern 40 questions are from technical part while 60 are from general knowledge. CGHS Pharmacist Exam Syllabus And Pattern
Pharmacist paramedical government job exam has objective questions. So preparation tips and best books list for pharmacist exam are given accordingly.
Best Books And Strategy For Technical Part
In technical part pharmacy subjects are asked. In most pharmacist exams pharmacy subjects constitutes the major part of the exam, so technical part is very important. Now let us see which guide and what books are good for technical paper
Best Guide for Pharmacist Exam
You should buy two guides for pharmacist and drug inspector exams. They will help lot. Guides are cheaper than coaching. Guide will have some good compilations useful for every pharmacist exam.
- Piyush Guide for Drug Inspector and Pharmacist Exam Piyush Pharmacist Guide on Amazon
- Advanced Entrance Guide For Pharmacist Exam By Birla Advanced Pharmacist Entrance Guide By Birla On Amazon
Pharmacy kit is also a fine book.
If you have any two of above three then enough.
Products from Amazon.in
- Price: INR 630.00Was: INR 690.00
- Price: INR 1,350.00
• What to study: Read the guide as per syllabus. For example CGHS pharmacist exam do not ask pharmacognosy and pharmaceutics now.
Do not waste time on medicinal chemistry part for most pharmacist job exams.
For ESIC pharmacist exam you can prepare basic structure of common drugs only. No synthesis etc.
Other Books For Detailed Study
CGHS, DSSSB, ESIC pharmacist exam are diploma level generally . After once completing diploma books you can follow the strategy below. Please note that Pharmacognosy is not asked in CGHS exam.
Preferred Book: Essentials of medical Pharmacology by KD Tripathi
• What to study: First do introduction chapters for basics. Then focus on classifications, mechanism, toxicity and antidotes, name side effects like red men syndrome, grey baby syndrome etc. Then look what differentiate a given drug from other drug in same class orr what makes it special. Like how a second generation antibiotic differ from first.
• All chapters are to be done many times. Still important chapters are antimicrobials or antibiotics, anticancer, cholinergic and adrenergic, Hypoglycemic drugs , heart and blood chapters, hypnotics, NSAIDs
Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics by Brahmankar. Do this thoroughly.
Pharmaceutical engineering by cvs subrahmaniam
• What to study: Do applications of mills , driers etc
Physical Pharmaceutics by CVS subrahmaniam
• What to study: suspension, emulsion are important
Theory and Practice of Industrial Pharmacy –Lieberman & Lachman
• What to study: Tablet defects are important and also tables in book for various additives are important
Other pharmaceutics topics
• Distegraton and dissolution tests, Prescription abbrevations
Pharmacognosy by C.K Kokathe, purohit and gokhale
• classification tables alkaloid, glycosoids, resins, major tests, plant hormones
A Textbook of Forensic Pharmacy – B M Mithal or any good book
• What to study: years, members, definitions, schedules
Products from Amazon.in
Hospital Pharmacy and Drug store management
Any good book of the subject. You can buy these two.
- Drug store management by Mehta See Price Of Drug Store and Business Management Book on amazon
- Hospital and clinical pharmacy by Siddiqui Hospital and clinical Pharmacy Book on Amazon
For hospital and clinical pharmacy latest edition of PC dandya book is also fine.
Anatomy and Pathophysiology
• Heart, blood group and nutrition chapters from any good anatomy and physiology, like Book By gandhi
Uv, visible, IR, chromatography and titration basics only
Products from Amazon.in‹ ›
Other Topics To Study
• Basics from Good inorganic chemistry book
• What to study: dsssb paramedical, esic paramedical, railway paramedical and gpat previous year papers
Best Books For Non Technical Part
Most pharmacist Job exams pattern show that they will ask questions about general awareness and logical reasoning etc. Prepare this part also as per syllabus of your exam. Below is the strategy and best books list to prepare non technical part.
General awareness & GK
Lucent general knowledge by Arihant latest published edition is a must if your general awareness is not good
Wish to do static general knowledge more thoroughly ? you can refer following books
Polity for UPSC by laximikant
NCERT old editions of history books
Economics by ramesh singh
Geography Of india by khullar
Science and technology by spectrum
If you are preparing for DSSSB exam get gk book for delhi, For ESIC study about ESIC, For ITBP pharmacist exam study about paramilitary forces. For state pharmacist exam read that state gk.
For Current Affairs
One year current affairs from Partiyogita Darpan
Fast Track Objective Mathematics by Rajesh Verma
Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
Kiran previous Year SSC Papers. Introduction chapter is very useful
Objective English by Sp bakshi
Any simple high school grammar
Products from Amazon.in
Please note for non -technical part practicing is even more important. You can use previous papers of banking to practice for reasoning, quantitative aptitude and English.
For practice of general awareness prefer SSC previous year solved papers chapterwise by kiran prakashan
Each MONTH Get IMPORTANT PHARMAGANG POSTS In Your EMAIL
All the best, prepare for your pharmacist/ paramedical job exam with heart. Suggestions for improving this post are welcome