Home Forums Pharmacy Discussions SALARY OF M.PHARM FRESHERS??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Manisha

I have completed my Class 12 (PCMB). I want to take up B.Pharm course & go abroad for M.Pharm. But my father who is also in pharma feild (Production) says that it will take many many years to reach a good decent salary & i need to struggle alot! He is earning about 36L per annum after 20yrs of experience! He also said that pharma companies mostly prefer male candidates than female!
    WHAT DO I DO? I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS FEILD BUT THE STARTING SALARY IS LOW!! WHAT CAN I DO TO IMPROVE MY STARTING SALARY & GROWTH IN THIS FIELD?? WILL GOING ABROAD AND STUDYING IN A PRESTIGIOUS UNIVERSITY HELP IN IMPROVING MY STARTING SALARY??

Pharmagang

Starting salaries are low in most private jobs now, Unless you are a IIM or IIT passout in india.
    Still you can get good headstart and future progress in pharma field if you do one of the following.
    1. After B. Pharm go for MBA from top business schools in India or abroad. Pharma and consulting company will prefer a pharma graduate. Target the consulting companies. you will get good jobs in India and abroad. key here is getting into the top institute for masters like iim , iit , niper mohali or foreign ones. You will be working as a consultant or manager
    2. If interested in pharma research or becoming professor in India do M. Pharm ( preferably MS Pharm) from top institute in pharmacology. Pharmacology Scientist in private sector and government professors in institutes like niper etc earn good enough.
    3. If you do not mind settling abroad do pharma D from good foreign university. In many countries pharmacist with pharma D degree are respected and paid same as physicians.
    Choose one of the above as per your aptitude.
    Other fields like production and regulatory affairs etc are not encouraging enough as told by your father.
    Gender bias do not exist in the most of the above fields. Possibly even if it does exist somewhere like in MBA field, it will be a minor factor. Your talent will determine your career.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Language »