In march 2019 Pharmacist recruitment rules are changed in Delhi. Pharmacist cadre in health and welfare department of Delhi government is notified.
Now B. Pharm is the minimum qualification required for the government pharmacist job in health and welfare department Of Delhi. DSSSB conduct exams for pharmacist posts.
Updated Recruitment rules for pharmacist, senior pharmacist and for the post of assistant chief pharmacist are provided in the notification.
Following are the important points from Delhi Pharmacist recruitment rules 2019:
- Minimum Eligibility for the Entry level pharmacist post is B. Pharm. This post is group C . Level 5.
- After 6 years experience as pharmacist, promotion to senior pharmacist post is provided. This is group B. Level 6.
- Further experience as senior pharmacist for 5 years is the eligibility for promotion to the post of Assistant chief pharmacist.
- Promotion at each level will be dependent on number of vacancies at each stage.
- Salaries are unchanged at entry level. Level 6 after promotion is not a gain as already Level 6 available after 2 years.
Please see the detailed notification below.
The way Forward:
Upgrading minimum eligibility for pharmacist post is the welcome change, and suits the modern need of profession. Now in near future pharmacist community need the respectable entry grade pay, which now seems possible thanks to changed recruitment rules.
PGWA , a pharmacist association is working tirelessly in this regard. Pharmacy practice rules also need practical adoption. Further Assistant chief pharmacist should be given responsibility of conducting quality checks on drugs . Pharmacist and medical officer should anomalously decide which drugs are needed in dispensary and hospital.